Jada Pinkett Smith has announced she will release her very own memoir titled, “Worthy,” this October.
The gorgeous cover of the memoir is comprised of thousands of pictures of the 51-year-old mother, talk show host, producer, and actress.
I had so many people encourage me to write a book. But I was believing that my journey was not a worthy journey. But when I saw it on paper — I couldn’t help but look at myself and say, wow. What a life.
Jada Pinkett Smith says her “Worthy” memoir will also address “everything” – the rumors and assumptions people have had about her over the years.
Yeah. I think people have made a lot of assumptions. And you know what? Rightfully so.
I have to take ownership of that, in regards to the narrative that I’ve participated in, the falsehoods about myself.
In the book I really explain all of that extensively as part of my reclamation journey.
I think a lot of people, not even just women, but a lot of us lose ourselves in narratives that are not necessarily or completely forthright.
Jada took to Instagram to share a personal message about her forthcoming memoir.
On October 17th, I invite you into a journey that, understandably, many think they already know.
The fact that I have, in the last four years contributed to the creation and perpetuation of falsehoods about myself, in which other untrue narratives were birthed, has surely aided in the misunderstandings that surround me.
This fall, with deep humility and respect, I will take back my narrative.
My memoir starts at the beginning, offering an unvarnished and revealing account from my challenging upbringing in Baltimore into a controversial life in Hollywood. It’s a harrowing ride of reclaiming my self-worth while unraveling unspoken truths.
My adventures of my youth, meaningful friendships, marriage, motherhood, self-betrayal and self reclamation are mere reflections of the adventures so many of us have taken in search of happiness.
My hope is that through the exploration of my own tumultuous situations to the rediscovery of deep love, that we are all reminded that no matter where we may be on our journey, we are all…Worthy.
See her original post below.
“Worthy” will be released on October 17, 2023.
To support the release of her new memoir, Jada will also embark on a book tour.
See the list of dates below.
- Monday, Oct. 16 – New York, NY / PAC NYC
- Wednesday, Oct. 18 – Baltimore, MD / Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Thursday, Oct. 19 – Washington, DC / Howard Theatre in partnership with Mahogany Books
- Friday, Oct. 20 – Detroit, MI / The CUBE in partnership with Source Booksellers
- Saturday, Oct. 21 – Houston, TX / St. John’s Downtown in partnership with Kindred Stories
- Sunday, Oct. 22 – Memphis, TN / novel.
- Monday, Oct. 23 – Atlanta, GA / Buckhead Theatre
- Sunday, Nov. 12 – Miami, FL / Miami Book Fair
- Saturday, Nov. 18 – Los Angeles, CA / Barnes & Noble The Grove
- Saturday, Nov. 18 – Los Angeles, CA / Octavia’s Bookshelf
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased using the button below.
Do you plan to scoop Jada Pinkett Smith’s memoir and/or attend her book tour?