Almost six months after his untimely passing, Aaron Carter’s cause of death has been revealed.
The 34-year-old singer and actor was found dead in the bathtub of his Lancaster, California home on November 5, 2022.
The Los Angeles County medical examiner-coroner’s office determined Aaron drowned in his bathtub after inhaling Difluoroethane, a flammable gas that is often used as the propellant in cans of compressed air.
In addition to the Difluoroethane, Aaron also ingested alprazolam, a generic form of Xanax.
Aaron Carter’s manner of death was officially ruled accidental.
He took to social media writing:
My heart is broken.
Even though my brother and I have had a complicated relationship, my love for him has never ever faded.
I have always held on to the hope that he would somehow, someday want to walk a healthy path and eventually find the help that he so desperately needed.
Sometimes we want to blame someone or something for a loss, but the truth is that addiction and mental illness is the real villain here. I will miss my brother more than anyone will ever know.
I love you Chizz.
Now you can finally have the peace you could never find here on earth….I love you baby brother.
My sincerest condolences and continued prayers to the Carter family.