Iggy Azalea is advocating for Tory Lanez as he awaits sentencing in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting case.
The 31-year-old Canadian rapper/singer, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, is in Los Angeles Superior Court awaiting his fate.
Tory was convicted on December 23, 2020, on three felony charges for shooting the Grammy Award-winning rapper (whose real name is Megan Pete) in the foot during an argument after a pool party in the Hollywood Hills.
Journalist Meghan Cunniff, who has been covering the trial since the beginning, is at the courthouse and is providing social media updates from the hearing.
Here’s what we know thus far…
- The judge received over 70 letters of support for Tory Lanez, including one from his former boo thang Iggy Azalea.
- The “Fancy” rapper asked Judge Herriford for leniency in his sentencing by asking him to impose a sentence that is “transformational, not life-destroying.”
- While the raptress is supporting Tory, her top fan page wants to make it very clear that they do not support him.
- A jail chaplain spoke on Tory’s behalf and credited him for starting a daily prayer in the protective custody unit that has been very impactful and lessened tensions between inmates.
- A jailer wrote a letter to the judge that says Tory Lanez is “remorseful” and has “talked in detail about the event and what he could have done to prevent it.”
- Tory’s father, Sonstar Peterson, tearfully apologized to Judge Herriford for his huge outburst in the courtroom after the verdict.
- Sonstar explained he was emotional, but he meant no disrespect by his actions.
- Judge Herriford shared his decision on the aggravating factors in the case.
- He decided YES to use of a gun and Megan Thee Stallion as a vulnerable victim.
- But, the judge decided NO to finding the crime was done with a high-level of callousness.
See Meghan Cunfiff’s original tweets below.
Tory Lanez has been trending all day as the public awaits his sentencing.
I will be sure to let you know the minute it is announced.