Rihanna is being a mighty blessing amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Pop icon has donated $5 million to various organizations assisting with Coronavirus relief efforts through her Clara Lionel Foundation.
“When we first began this year, never could we have imagined how COVID-19 would so dramatically alter our lives. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, this pandemic will affect us all. And for the world’s most vulnerable, the worst may be yet to come,” the foundation said in a statement released on Saturday (March 21).
Direct Relief, Feeding America, Partners in Health, The World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, the International Rescue Committee, and others will receive the $5 million donation to support:
• Local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the United States;
• Acceleration of testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, as well as the mobilization of resources and additional capacity and support for Native communities;
• Protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs, the establishment and maintenance of intensive care units, and acceleration of the development of vaccines and other therapies across the globe;
• Healthcare worker training, virus prevention and containment in countries that will be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response; and,
• Distribution of critical respiratory supplies.
Kudos to Rihanna for stepping up in a very big way to help others in need during this crisis.
Source: Clara Lionel Foundation