Richard Kanka, the father of Megan Kanka, is exploring his legal options over Megan Thee Stallion’s use of Megan’s Law in her new single, “Hiss.”
In the song, Megan fires a shot at Nicki Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty, when she rapped:
These hoes don't be mad at Megan, these hoes mad at Megan's Law I don't really know what the problem is, but I guarantee y'all don't want me to start.
What Is Megan’s Law?
Under Megan’s Law, convicted sex offenders are required to register with their local Sheriff’s Department.
The Sheriff’s Department maintains a yearly registration for the duration of the period the person is mandated to register.
The law was passed one month after the brutal rape and murder of Richard’s 7-year-old daughter, Megan Kanka, in 1994.
Nicki Minaj’s husband, Kenneth is a registered sex offender, who was arrested in March 2020 for failing to register as a sex offender in the state of California.
Disrespectful, Graphic, & Offensive
Richard Kanka told TMZ that Megan Thee Stallion’s use of his daughter’s name in an expletive-riddled song aimed at Nicki Minaj is as disrespectful as it gets.
He said that using his daughter’s name in such a graphic and offensive manner is offensive to the pain his daughter and his family felt as a result of her tragic death.
Richard Kanka said he has not heard “Hiss,” because he opted to read the lyrics instead of listening and he doesn’t like it at all.
He did note that Megan Thee Stallion’s mention of Megan’s Law did bring more awareness to it, but that doesn’t change how he feels about it.
Richard Kanka Threatens Legal Action Against Megan Thee Stallion Over Megan’s Law
Richard expressed that he is so outraged over Megan The Stallion’s mention of his daughter in “Hiss” that he is exploring his legal options.
While Richard’s loss is immeasurable and my heart breaks for him and his family – he may not have a legal leg or good foot to stand on.
You may recall that Moniece Slaughter sounded off on the use of Megan’s Law in “Hiss” and said if she were the Kanka family she would sue for emotional damages and she would ask the court to gag the artist.
So, I will let Attorney Simone Redwine break this one down for y’all.
My heart and prayers go out to the Kanka family, but legally there is nothing that can be done.
Comment below, share this post with a friend, and don’t forget to Subscribe to stay updated!
- Listen: Megan Thee Stallion – ‘Hiss’ + Lyrics
- 5 Notable Quotables From Megan Thee Stallion’s ‘Hiss’ + Twitter Reactions
- Nicki Minaj Reacts To Megan Thee Stallion’s ‘Hiss’ With Feet Pic & ‘Big Foot’
- Megan Thee Stallion Releases ‘Hiss’ Video
- Nicki Minaj Defends Telling Megan Thee Stallion To ‘Conjure Up Her Mother & Apologize’
- Tasha Cobbs Trends After Nicki Minaj Calls Her A ‘Do Anything B**ch’
- Moniece Slaughter Sounds Off About The Mention Of Megan’s Law In ‘Hiss’: ‘I’d Sue For Emotional Damages’
- Nicki Minaj Releases ‘Big Foot’ (Megan Thee Stallion Diss) + Lyrics
- 21 Twitter Reactions To Nicki Minaj’s ‘Big Foot’ (Megan Thee Stallion Diss)
- KenBarbie Responds To Nicki Minaj’s ‘Big Foot’ Diss