Iggy Azalea is getting dragged like a Raggedy Ann doll in the streets of Twitter after folks learned she wrote a letter of support for Tory Lanez ahead of his sentencing.
It was revealed in court on Monday that the “Fancy” rapper wrote a letter asking Judge Herriford for leniency in his sentencing by asking him to impose a sentence that is “transformational, not life-destroying.”
After receiving heavy criticism, Iggy Azalea set the record straight regarding her letter.
Read what she had to say below.
For the record:
1. I have not been in touch with Tory for months, I have no reason to be, but I do wish him well.
2. I don’t “support” anyone. The whole thing is full of oddities. My letter never mentioned anything in regard to what happened that night.
3. I was told this was for a judge only, yet it’s being discussed in public? I never intended to publicly comment.
4. I am not in support of throwing away ANY one’s life if we can give reasonable punishments that are rehabilitative instead. I support prison reform. Period.
5. I was asked to write about my genuine experience and the type of punishment I think he deserves: I did.
It’s not really that interesting but I understand why it’s being sensationalized. . . 🤷♀️
See ya next week to discuss pizza toppings I suppose. Lol
Basically, she was led to believe no one would find out about the letter she wrote on Tory’s behalf.
See Iggy’s original tweet below.
For the record:— NOT IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) August 8, 2023
1. I have not been in touch with tory for months, I have no reason to be, but I do wish him well.
2. I don’t “support” anyone.
the whole thing is full of oddities. My letter never mentioned anything in regard to what happened that night.
3. I was told this…
Iggy Azalea also added this final thought on the matter:
I really hate that this is todays discourse online because it’s not really an explosive revelation.— NOT IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) August 8, 2023
Yes: he should be held accountable.
No: the charges don’t warrant 5plus in prison.
Most agree with that sentiment because it’s a reasonable take.
This is not news worthy. 🤷♀️
Unfortunately, Iggy Igg’s quick quote had no impact on how people already feel about her.
Read a few tweets below.
Iggy’s fan page came to her defense writing:
Don’t understand why people are mad at Iggy Azalea. she was just expressing her own personal opinions on her experiences with him.
We stand with you sis!
See the post below.
This is the same fan page that tweeted and then deleted:
Oh, okaaaaay. Not the fan page being Whirpool. (wishy-washy)
At the end of the day, Iggy Azalea has the right to choose whichever hill she wants to figuratively die on.
Tory Lanez is expected to be sentenced today (August 8).