With shock and a heavy heart, I report that “Euphoria” star Angus Cloud has passed away at his family’s home in Oakland.
Angus’ mother called 911 around 11:30 a.m. on Monday morning to report a “possible overdose.”
She said her son did not have a pulse.
When Oakland PD and Fire Department responded to the call Angus Cloud was pronounced dead on the scene.
He was 25.
The actor’s family released the following statement:
It is with the heaviest heart that we had to say goodbye to an incredible human today.
As an artist, a friend, a brother, and a son, Angus was special to all of us in so many ways.
Last week he buried his father and intensely struggled with this loss.
The only comfort we have is knowing Angus is now reunited with his dad, who was his best friend.
Angus was open about his battle with mental health and we hope that his passing can be a reminder to others that they are not alone and should not fight this on their own in silence.
We hope the world remembers him for his humor, laughter, and love for everyone.
We ask for privacy at this time as we are still processing this devastating loss.
Angus Cloud Recalls Suffering Minor Brain Damage
In 2022, the rising star was featured on the cover of Variety’s Young Hollywood Issue.
Inside his cover story, Angus Cloud recalled suffering minor brain damage after falling into a construction pit and fracturing his skull in 2013.
Angus explained how he was walking alone at night in downtown Oakland, California when he fell into a pit.
“I broke my skull on Friday the 13th,” he said. “I woke up 12 hours later at the bottom. I was trapped.”
Even with broken fingers, Angus Cloud managed to pull himself out of the 10-foot-deep ditch.
“I eventually climbed out after — I don’t know how long. It was hella hard to climb out, because my skull was broken, but my skin wasn’t, so all the bleeding was internal, pressing up against my brain. But they wasn’t gonna find me down there. I found myself. Or God found me, whatever you want to call it.”
“But I didn’t feel no pain,” he said. “I was in survival mode, you feel me?
He took a bus home to his mother’s house. When he got there, she thought he was on drugs.
“Because I was a kid! I was 14 or 15 … my pupils was hella dilated. I was trying to tell her what happened, but I could only start a sentence — I couldn’t finish it. So I was like, ‘I’m just gonna go sleep in my bed.”
Thank God his mother had the wherewithal to keep him from going to sleep.
“I would have died,” he said.
I extend my prayers and sincerest condolences to Angus’ family, friends, and all who knew and loved him.