Conor McGregor is being accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the bathroom after the NBA Finals Game 4.
Ironically, the same night he punched the Miami Heat mascot sending him to the hospital.
Conor McGregor’s representation denied the allegations Thursday morning (June 15) and stated that he “will not be intimidated.”
According to a demand letter written by the alleged victim’s attorney Ariel Mitchell, the incident happened soon after the Denver Nuggets had won the game on June 9.
The letters state that McGregor “violently” sexually assaulted a woman inside a men’s bathroom with help from the NBA and Heat security.
NBA and Heat security allegedly separated the woman from her friend and forced her into a restroom where McGregor and his security guard were.
Attorney Mitchell says in the letters, “security refused to let the woman exit or allow anyone else, including her friend, inside the bathroom.”
Then, McGregor came out of a handicapped stall “and shoved his tongue in the victim’s mouth and aggressively kissed her.”
The woman was able to get McGregor off of her by telling him she had to urinate, but according to the letters, he then forced her to have oral sex with him.
McGregor is then accused of grabbing the woman and pinning her against the wall before attempting to sodomize her.
In the letters, the woman escaped by elbowing McGregor repeatedly, but she left her purse behind.
Attorney Mitchell said that McGregor’s security guards held the purse “hostage” until she pleaded with them to give it back.
The woman got away and reported the assault to the authorities on Sunday morning, according to the letters.
Attorney Mitchell said the woman is seeking settlements with the NBA, the Miami Heat, and Conor McGregor instead of litigation.
McGregor’s representation stated the “allegations are false” Thursday morning (June 15).
Conor McGregor’s employer, the UFC, said it is aware of the allegations and is working on getting more information.
UFC will allow the legal process to play out before making any additional statements.
TMZ obtained and released a video that appears to show Conor McGregor leading the alleged victim into the men’s restroom by her hand, which debunks claims that security forced her into the restroom.
Attorney Mitchell now says Conor and his accuser had bee partying together inside of the NBA arena minutes before the video was taken.
And at some point, she took a selfie with Conor.
At some point, Conor McGregor allegedly said he had to use the restroom.
Shortly after he got up a man in a Nuggets jersey told the alleged victim, “Conor told me to come get you.”
“My client was under the belief they were leaving and going to the Four Seasons Hotel, as Conor had previously asked her to join him at his hotel room,” Mitchell said in a statement.
“The man with the braids then stopped at the door of the bathroom, when Conor grabbed my client (as seen in the video). My client believed they were leaving, but instead Conor took her into the restroom.”
Once inside the bathroom, it’s alleged that Conor sexually assaulted the woman.
Attorney Mitchell admitted her client had no less than six drinks that night and didn’t even recall who led her into the restroom until seeing the video released by TMZ.
After the video was released, Conor McGregor‘s attorney, Barbara R. Llanes, Gelber Schachter & Greenberg, P.A., told TMZ Sports:
After the video was released by TMZ, the claimant’s lawyer now has changed her story.
Mr. McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he firmly believes will show the claims against him are false.
After not responding to the demand for money made by the claimant’s counsel, she turned to the media to apply pressure.
This is no more than a shakedown.
Sadly, who led this woman into the bathroom really doesn’t change what may have happened once she was inside.