27-year-old rapper Vince Staples is hilarious without trying.
This is the same kid that launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise $2 Million to shut up and stop rapping forever when people complained about his performances.
He has a natural way with words that’s just all-around engaging.
I, like many, was familiar with Vince as a rapper, but when he digitally made his rounds on a few podcasts, I gravitated toward his personality.
I’ve said many times that he needs his own podcast. I imagine it will be funny, sarcastic, and thought-provoking.
“I’m just trying to make sure that I’m becoming the person I’m supposed to be.”
Staples seems wise beyond his years, sometimes the exact opposite from his peers.
I did notice that Vince was quiet, but didn’t realize it was an intentional break.
Below are 9 things we learned from GQ’s Vince Staples interview:
- Vince has a self-titled EP dropping this summer (Can’t Wait)!
- He has a Netflix show on the way (This might be better than a podcast)
- His full-length album (Ramona Park Broke My Heart) is in the works
- He brushes his teeth like a psychopath (read the article)
- Long Beach raccoons are famous (read the article)
- He prefers PS5 over Xbox
- Vince used to stutter
- He is not handy when it comes to home repair
- He’s never been on vacation
Go read the full interview over at GQ.
If you aren’t familiar with Vince Staples, this is a great introduction, if you are familiar, you can go see what Vince has been up to during the pandemic.