Patrick Clark, the man who was arrested and charged with the murder of Migos rapper Takeoff, is now asking a judge for $5,000 to hire a private investigator. 

According to court documents, Clark, also known as DJ Pat, is seeking financial help because his family has exhausted all of their resources on his attorney, Letitia Quinones.

Patrick Clark feels a private investigator is needed to “properly investigate his case and to prepare effectively for trial.” 

“There is a lot of investigation that needs to be done. … So, we just ask that everyone keep an open mind and let the system do its part and let the Constitution do its part and that is, right now he’s innocent until he’s proven guilty,” Quinones said.

Clark, 33, was arrested on December 1 by the Houston Police Department for the murder of Takeoff. 

The 28-year-old Migos rapper, born Kirsnik Khari Ball, was fatally shot around 2:30 a.m. on November 1 outside of 810 Billiards & Bowling in Houston following a private party. 

According to court documents, Clark applied for an expedited passport right after Takeoff’s murder by submitting an itinerary for a flight to Mexico

At the time of his arrest, Clark had the passport and a large sum of cash on him. 

Quinones said that Patrick had been planning to go to Mexico on a vacation but had canceled his trip before his arrest.

“He wasn’t trying to go anywhere,” Quinones said.

Patrick Clark was jailed on a $2 million bond.

A bond reduction hearing is set for December 14. 

I will keep you posted on any developments in this case.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or join the convo on our socials. (Facebook, Instagram)

Sources: TMZ, CBS Austin