Kandi Burruss has released the full “Nivea True Story” interview on her online show “On That Note,” and it is one of the best artist interviews out.
Nivea’s honesty and candidness during the interview pull you in immediately. She discusses the highs and lows of her music career and her life.
Kandi asked some great questions and Nivea answered almost all of them. The interview was extremely insightful, and very emotional at times.
Below are a few things that I learned about Nivea from the interview that I had no clue about:
- Nivea said that she wrote with Organized Noise when she was 15-years-old.
- She was in a relationship with her manager, who she worked with from 14-21, and he was approximately 20 years older than her.
- She got on Mystikal’s hit song “Danger” right after she got her record deal at 18.
- Her first record deal was a million-dollar deal, which was unheard of for an 18-year-old at that time.
- She met Lil Wayne off of the “Don’t Mess With My Man Video.” He saw the video, thought she was cute, and arranged to meet her.
- She said during her relationship with Lil Wayne they moved out of a house into an apartment, and she found out later that he moved Toya back into the house.
- In 2003 she contemplated going to waitress at a strip club called “Babes” in Atlanta.
- When she met The Dream they were friends first, but after their first date she ended up at his apartment and never left. They were engaged within a month.
- She said she was upset when she saw The Dream kissing another woman in the “Falsetto” video because they were still married at the time.
- The Dream filed for divorce when his first album was out.
- In 2008 Nivea was pregnant with Lil Wayne’s baby, and he told her that Lauren London was also pregnant by him at the same time.
- She became close friends with Lauren London, and Nivea said Lauren helped her through her pregnancy.
- Nivea admitted that cocaine was a dream drug of hers and she started using in her early 30s. She said she is thankful to God that she got off of coke because she was consumed by it and she didn’t think she was going to make it.
- She credits her kids for building her back up and making her love herself again.
Watch the full interview below:
Nivea has a helluva story! She definitely needs to right a book.