Opening statements began on Monday in the felony assault trial of Tory Lanez, who is accused of shooting at Megan Thee Stallion and wounding both of her feet in July 2020.
He has been charged with one felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and another for carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
Tory was also hit with a third felony charge of discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
Based on the opening statements made by the prosecution and the defense it is very clear that a lot of accusations will be made and tea will be spilled on both sides.
Here’s what has been established so far in the opening statements:
- Megan Thee Stallion is expected to testify on Tuesday.
- Her former best friend, Kelsey Nicole Harris, and Corey Gamble will also testify during the trial.
- Prosecutor Alexander Bott said Kelsey will testify that she “saw her close friend get shot by the defendant.”
- Bott presented text messages that showed Kelsey texted Megan’s bodyguard roughly five minutes after the shooting writing, “Help,” “Tory shot Meg,” and “911.”
- The defense questioned Megan Thee Stallion’s credibility and said she was motivated by jealousy to lie.
- The defense said Megan became sexually involved with Tory Lanes after he had a relationship with Kelsey.
- They also accused Megan of having a pattern of questionable behavior while involved with men including DaBaby and NBA baller Ben Simmons.
- Tory’s lawyer, George Mgdesyan, is pushing the theory that Kelsey could have been the shooter.
- Both Tory Lanez and Kelsey Nicole Harris tested positive for gunshot residue.
Lawyer For Workers, who was in the courtroom during opening statements, took to Instagram to provide an update.
Social media is reacting to the information stated during the opening statements.
One person tweeted:
So Tory Lanez went from claiming and planting stories that Megan was never shot and she stepped on glass – to she was in fact shot, he just didn’t do it?
They’re now trying to blame the girl he paid to say Megan was lying about being shot.
And y’all still believe this man?
Read more Twitter reactions below.
Ben Simmons took to his Instagram Stories with a quick response…
I will provide updates on this trial as the information becomes available.