Butherus-Maser & Love Funeral Home in Lincoln (ABC News)

In a startling turn of events that reads like the plot of a movie, a 74-year-old Nebraska woman, Constance Glantz, who was declared dead at her nursing home, was discovered breathing after being transported to a funeral home.

The incident shocked authorities and the community, prompting an investigation by the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office.

Constance Glantz was pronounced dead at her nursing home at approximately 9:44 a.m. local time on Monday.

Following standard procedures for anticipated deaths in hospice care, she was then transported to Butherus-Maser & Love Funeral Home in Lincoln.

However, the morning took an unexpected turn when an employee at the funeral home noticed that Glantz was, in fact, breathing.

Lancaster County Chief Deputy Ben Houchin provided details during a press briefing, stating, “It’s a very unusual case. Been doing this 31 years and nothing like this has ever gotten to this point before.”

The employee who made the discovery wasted no time, calling 911 immediately at around 11:44 a.m.

In a heroic effort, the funeral home staff administered CPR on Glantz until emergency services arrived.

She was swiftly transported to a local hospital, where she remains alive.

Glantz’s family has been notified of the incident and her current condition.

Authorities are investigating the events leading up to this shocking discovery.

According to Houchin, the nursing home did not need to contact the coroner or local authorities after Glantz was declared dead because her death was anticipated and there were no suspicious circumstances.

“We have not been able to find any criminal intent by the nursing home, but the investigation is ongoing,” Houchin confirmed.

As the investigation continues, the focus remains on understanding how this grave mistake occurred.

No criminal charges are currently pending against the nursing home, but the situation has certainly raised questions about the protocols followed in such cases.

The community and those involved are left grappling with the bizarre nature of this incident.

The resilience of Constance Glantz, who defied her premature declaration of death, stands as a testament to the unpredictability of life—and, in this case, death.

For now, Glantz’s story serves as a sobering reminder of the critical importance of thoroughness and vigilance in the care of our elderly, particularly in their final days.

The outcome of the ongoing investigation will undoubtedly be watched closely by many, hoping to ensure that such an incident never happens again.

Share your thoughts in the comments and Subscribe so you don’t miss the scoop!

Source: ABC News

Please share your thoughts on this post!