Embed from Getty Images

Uncle Luke is opening up about why and how he contracted COVID-19.

The 59-year-old legendary Miami rapper revealed he contracted the deadly virus after being peer-pressured into attending a friend’s party at a strip club.

In an essay featured in the Miami New Times, Uncle Luke wrote:

Recently, I joined the ranks of the more than 1 million Floridians who’ve caught the coronavirus. Throughout the pandemic, I had been strictly adhering to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, especially wearing a mask whenever I stepped out of my house. Then I gave in to the peer pressure of going out to a party.

Last month, a friend celebrating his birthday at a local strip club would not stop blowing up my phone. He kept begging me to come. I told myself I would go in for 15 minutes and duck out. As soon as I walked through the doors, it was like stepping into a coronavirus-spreading chamber.

Everybody was wildin’ out and getting drunk. Almost no one was wearing masks. My buddies were all up in my face. Patrons and strippers were walking up to me and asking to take selfies. Of course, I obliged when they asked me to take my mask off. Even though I felt like everyone in the club was an asymptomatic carrier, I stayed late.

A few days later, I started having a dry cough. I chalked it up to seasonal allergies. When I lost my appetite, I told myself it was probably a stomach virus. I didn’t want to believe I had COVID-19. When I lost my sense of smell and taste, I knew I had to get tested. I called a home testing service to come by and give me a rapid swab test. I was first told the result was positive, then informed it was a false positive when they called me a few hours later.

I went about my business but started to feel worse. Soon, I had a fever and my temperature spiked to 102 degrees. I went to the hospital, where I had a second PCR test that came back positive. Because I wasn’t having trouble breathing, they sent me home and told me to quarantine for two weeks.

I locked myself in a room of my house. Thankfully, I didn’t infect anyone — including my son Blake, who knocked on the door every day to make sure I was OK. My personal assistant, Nikki, and my buddy Teach had food and water delivered to me while I rode out the ‘rona.

The fevers would come in waves, especially at night. I’d wake up around two, three in the morning in a pool of sweat. I changed shirts three times a night because my body got so hot. Dying didn’t cross my mind, but I was worried about my temperature spiking to the point that I would go into shock or I would have a stroke.

I am now feeling better, and I recently tested negative.

Folks are dying from COVID-19 by the minute and a 59-years-old man was “peer pressured” into attending a super spreader party?

Uncle Luke looked absolutely pitiful when he took to social media to let folks now he had “the covids.”

Luke is blessed to be alive and well.

Source: Miami New Times

Please share your thoughts on this post!