File this post under No Surprises Here! The post-election episode of “Saturday Night Live,” hosted by Dave Chappelle scored huge ratings.
Let me run down a few quick facts:
- #1 highest-rated entertainment telecast in 18-49 since ABC’s Academy Awards on Feb. 9.
- #1 most-watched entertainment program since the season premiere of NBC’s America’s Got Talent on May 26.
- #1 highest-rated comedy telecast in 18-49 since the Big Bang Theory series finale on May 16, 2019.
- #1 most-social SNL airing.
- #1 most-social late-night airing of the week.
- #1, #2, and #3 most-viewed videos, with Biden’s Victory Cold Open (10.0 million views), Chappelle’s Stand-Up Monologue (7.4 million), and Weekend Update: Rudy Giuliani on Trump’s Election Lawsuits (4.2 million).
Did we expect anything less?