Shanquella Robinson family filing civil lawsuit against her 6 friends

Days after Shanquella Robinson was laid to rest in Charlotte, new details about her tragic death are coming out of Mexico.

The 25-year-old North Carolina entrepreneur traveled to Cabo, Mexico with friends for a birthday celebration last month and was dead within 24 hours of her arrival.

Information from a police report says Shanquella was alive when medical personnel first arrived at the villa on the afternoon of October 29 to check on her well-being. 

This differs from the death certificate that stated Shanquella Robinson died within 15 minutes of being injured. 

According to the police report, medical help was summoned to the villa around 2:13 p.m. on October 29. 

About an hour later, Dr. Karolina Beatriz Ornelas Gutiérrez, of the American Medical Center, a local hospital, arrived to treat Shanquella.

Upon her arrival, Dr. Gutiérrez was told Shanquella had “drunk a lot of alcohol” and the medical call was for her to “be given an IV.”

Police records indicate the doctor said Shanquella had stable vital signs but she was dehydrated, unable to communicate verbally, and appearing to be inebriated.

Dr. Gutiérrez wanted to transport Shanquella to the hospital, but her “friends” refused and insisted that she be treated in the villa. 

The IV was administered but was unsuccessful. 

Dr. Gutiérrez was there for close to an hour when Shanquella began having a seizure, which lasted less than a minute.

At that point, the police report says Wenter Donovan called 911 to request an ambulance around 4:20 p.m.

“In the meantime, the patient presented with difficulty breathing and a lowered pulse, and they gave her rescue breaths.”

The doctor, along with a “friend,” began to administer CPR at 4:49 p.m. when Gutiérrez detected Shanquella had stopped having a pulse. 

Police arrived at about 5:29 p.m. and talked with the doctor. It’s unclear what time the ambulance arrived. 

The police report states paramedics “administered a total of 14 rounds of CPR, five doses of adrenaline, and six discharges (AED shocks) without success.”

Dr. Karolina Beatriz Ornelas Gutiérrez declared Shanquella Robinson dead at 5:57 p.m., according to the report. 

Watch the WBTV news report.

Her travel companions contacted her mother, Salamondra Robinson, and said that Shanquella had died of alcohol poisoning.

However, the official autopsy reports list the cause of death as “severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation.” 

A video later surfaced online which allegedly shows a woman brutally beating Shanquella, who is nude, in the villa.

A man, who is filming, is heard saying to Shanquella, “Can you at least fight back?!” 

She responds, “No,” as she is taking punches and kicks to the head and is being thrown to the floor.

The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City has confirmed that they “are aware of Shanquella Robinson’s death and are providing consular services to her family.”

Mexican authorities are investigating Robinson’s death as a possible femicide, the State Attorney General’s Office of Baja California Sur announced in a statement Thursday, according to ABC News.

Femicide is “the gender-based murder of a woman or girl by a man, according to Merriam-Webster’s dictionary.

On November 18, the FBI Charlotte Field Office confirmed they have officially opened an investigation into the death of Shanquella Robinson. 

A GoFundMe was launched to support Shanquella’s family financially as they fight to get answers about her tragic death. 

NBA star Kyrie Irving donated $65,000, former T-Mobile CEO John Legere donated $40,000, and former NBA baller Kemba Walker donated $20,000.

The campaign has raised $365,394 thus far. 

Please keep Shanquella Robinson’s family uplifted in prayer during this extremely difficult time.

Source: The Charlotte Observer

Please share your thoughts on this post!