It’s still hard to believe we lost Kobe Bryant, his daughter GiGi, and the seven other passengers, exactly one year ago today.
But, we will always have the memories to remember them by.
Kobe has always been one of my favorite NBA players. We share the same last name, but the closest connection I’ve ever had to him personally was wearing his shoes.
From his intense competitiveness to his killer instinct, Kobe left us many NBA memories to cherish.
Here are my eight most memorable NBA Kobe moments:
- Kobe getting drafted to the Lakers in 1996 at 17-years-old.
2. Kobe winning the 1997 NBA Dunk contest at 18-years-old.
3. Kobe winning his first chip in 2000 against the Indiana Pacers.
4. Kobe winning back-to-back chips in 2001, in his hometown of Philadelphia.
5. Kobe dropping 81pts. on Jalen Rose and the Toronto Raptors in 2006.
6. Kobe’s 4-game streak of 50+ points in 2007.
7. Kobe winning his first Chip without Shaq and his first Finals MVP in 2009.
8. Kobe scoring 60pts. in his last NBA game in 2016.
There will never be another Kobe Bryant, he was special on and off the court, but we will always have the memories.
Rest In Peace Kobe Bryant, GiGi Bryant, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Alyssa Altobelli, Christina Mauser, Sarah Chester, Payton Chester, and Ara Zobayan.
What is your favorite Kobe memory?