Update: Jussie Smollett has been found guilty of falsely reporting a hate crime.
A 12-person jury deliberated for more than nine hours over Wednesday and Thursday before finding the “Empire” star guilty of five counts of disorderly conduct for making false reports of a hate crime in January 2019.
Jussie was acquitted on one count of felony disorderly conduct.
Judge James Linn set a post-trial hearing for Jan. 27, adding that he would schedule Smollett’s sentencing at a later date.
Read the original post below.
Jussie Smollett took the stand on Monday (December 6) in his Chicago trial where he is facing 6 counts of making false reports about his 2019 attack.
While the judge presiding over the case ruled that no cameras would be allowed in the courtroom, we still got the scoop on his testimony.
Fox News Correspondent, Matt Finn, took to social media to give a play-by-play of Jussie’s testimony, and below, I have gathered a few highlights for you.
Get the scoop below.
- The first night that Jussie met his alleged attacker, Bola Osundairo, they partied together, did drugs, went to a bathhouse, and made out.
- Jussie said he paid Bola $200 for cocaine.
- Jussie said Lee Daniels told him he was “fat” so he hired the Osundairos for training and meal plans.
- Jussie Smollett testified that he was driving, smoking a blunt, and talking on the phone with an MSNBC correspondent on the day the Osundairo brothers claim they were all in the car together planning the hoax.
- Jussie described the attack as “Loney Toons.”
- Jussie said he didn’t realize a noose was around his neck because he was “getting his *ss whooped.”
- Jussie said he doesn’t trust the police when asked why he didn’t call them after his attack.
- Jussie Smollett accused the Chicago Police Department of spreading false information.
- Jussie testified that he still has a scar from the attack that hasn’t healed.
Jussie will return to the stand tomorrow to continue his testimony.
I will be sure to update you.