Carlee Russell mother Talithia Robinson Russell speaks out

Hours after Carlee Russell returned home safe after vanishing for two days, her mother, Talitha Robinson-Russell, took to social media to release a statement.

Mrs. Russell thanked God for the safe return of her daughter and she expressed her gratitude for the outpouring of love and support during the unimaginable 48 hours that Carlee was missing.

She also asked for privacy as she hasn’t slept in nearly three days and she just wants time to love on Carlee with family and close friends.

Talitha Robinson-Russell promised she will speak with the media and give a general statement in the very near future.

Mama Russell also took a moment to address all of the rumors and speculation that unfortunately arose after Carlee Russell returned home.

She made it very clear that she and her family “will not entertain negative thoughts/statements, unvalidated opinions, or sheer ignorance at such a joyous time.”

Read her full statement below.

Great morning!! My husband and I want to make this statement again as we did last night.
It’s nothing more to add or take away from how we’re feeling right now.
God is faithful and He has answered our prayers🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
We are so grateful to each of you for all the acts of kindness, generosity, and compassion you have shown🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️❤️❤️
Our baby is safe!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Father God🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
We do want to ask for privacy at this time to allow us to just love on our daughter and each other with our close family and friends.
Also, please consider the fact we have not slept for 3 nights and we are mentally and physically exhausted.
To our media friends, I promise we will speak with you and give a general statement in the near future as this is an ongoing investigation.
We consider the media outlets that cared enough to share this story, law enforcement agencies, special investigators, city leaders to be our friends and we will be respectful of all.
For everyone that has messaged or called to rejoice with us, we are so grateful for your concern!
Just as we made a commitment to not entertain negative thoughts during the time our daughter was missing, we surely will not entertain negative thoughts/statements, unvalidated opinions, or sheer ignorance at such a joyous time.
We pray that those that doubt God’s power, miracles, and the power of faith will be encouraged to draw closer to Him and learn the power of positive affirmations and unwavering faith.
We love each of you and are eternally indebted for your support and love,
Be Blessed,
The Russells

See Mrs. Russell’s original Facebook post below.

What happened to Carlee Russell is still an ongoing investigation.

Hoover police Chief Nick Derzis said the main goal was to get Carlee back home safely and that has been achieved.

What happened during the 48 or 49 hours after she vanished is the police’s responsibility to put together – not the public.

We’re respecting the privacy of Carlee and her family. Our main goal has been achieved and that is getting her home safe.

Our investigation now goes to the time on Thursday night when she called 911 and she’s gone to the point of her getting home last night.

We’re going to find out exactly what took place.

I will update you as more info becomes available regarding Carlee Russell.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or join the convo on our socials. (Facebook, Instagram)