In March, when I gave you the scoop on the $2 Trillion Stimulus Package many of you who had not made enough money to file taxes were concerned about missing out on getting a check.
Below you will find great information on how to make sure you will receive your Economic Impact Check.
Do you meet the following requirements?
- You have a valid social security number.
- You have not been claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer.
- Your adjusted gross income is below $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples).
- You receive veterans disability compensation, a pension, or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- You did not file taxes in 2018 or 2019.
If YES, you need to complete a Free File Fillable Form.
If NO, please contact the IRS for more information.
Below I will walk you through the process of completing the form to ensure you receive your stimulus check!
Information needed to complete Free File Fillable Form:
- Your Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Bank account information – if you have one
- Driver’s license information – if you have one
- Social security number or Adoption Taxpayer ID number for each qualifying child under the age of 17
Completing your Free File Fillable Form:
To begin, you will need to Create An Account.
- Enter your email address and confirm it.
- Create an ID (username) for your account.
- Enter your phone number.
- Create a password for your account and confirm it.
- Then, click [Create Account].
- You will receive a text message with a 6-digit code.
- You will also receive a confirmation email. You HAVE to confirm your email!
Next, sign in and complete your tax form:
Fill out your tax form:
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Enter your social security number.
- Enter your home address.
- Enter your qualifying dependents (under age 17) names (1), their social security number (2), and their relationship to you (3).
- Enter your banking information if available: Routing Number, Type, Account Number.
- Enter your Identity Protection Pin (only if you have one)
- Continue to Step 2.
E-File Your Tax Form:
- A. Enter your Adjusted Gross Income from 2018. (It will be on line 7 of your 2018 1040 form). If you did not file taxes in 2018 enter “0”
- B. Enter your 5-digit pin from 2018. (Skip if you do not have one.)
- A. Enter today’s date.
- B. Enter your cellphone number.
- C. Choose a 5-digit pin. (Please write it down in a safe place)
- D. Enter your date of birth.
- E – H. Enter driver’s license information. (Skip if you do not have one.)
- Click [Continue To E-File]
Watch Our Video Tutorial:
Once you’ve submitted your tax form. Allow 7 business days for processing (depending on how fast they are moving).
After a week, log back in and check your E-File Status.
If you have moved since filing your taxes click here to update your address.
The first round of direct deposits will begin the week of April 13. Be prepared.
In a couple of days, I will tell you how to check the status of your stimulus check payment!