Steve Harvey Signs Lucrative Deal To Return As Host Of Miss Universe Pageant
Despite his major snafu of announcing the wrong winner while hosting the 2015 Miss Universe pageant, Steve Harvey‘s talent and integrity remained intact…and it didn’t go unnoticed.
According to Deadline, the talk show host has been invited back to host the 2016 Miss Universe pageant.
In an interview on Jim Rome’s CBS Sports Radio show, Mark Shapiro, Chief Content Officer at WME|IMG, said the Family Feud host was “very remorseful” about the error and that Harvey was “absolutely” welcome back to host the 2016 pageant. Shapiro said Harvey “did a great job. He was funny, he was informative, he’s high energy, he’s got a great following. … I definitely want him back, and I would hate to see him not come back. He’s going to want a shot to redeem himself.”
“Entertainment Tonight” is reporting Steve has already signed a very lucrative multi-year contract to continue to host the pageant. According to a source the paycheck is more “than they’ve ever paid before for a host.”
A source close to production tells ET that the 58-year-old comedian and Family Feud host signed a multi-year contract to host Miss Universe just days before the pageant aired Sunday, and that his paycheck is “more than they’ve ever paid before for a host.”
The source says the deal is for at least three years, possibly even as many as six or seven.
Contract negotiations came down to the wire, according to the source. While Harvey had already been announced as this year’s host before the contract was finalized, the production didn’t start booking his travel until just a few days before the show.
On top of all of that, the Belize Tourism Board also extended an invitation for Steve to host their popular Costa Maya Festival pageant.
— Belize Tourism Board (@belizevacation) December 21, 2015
Listen, Steve Harvey better strut in his destiny. One wrong crown don’t stop no show. Well, it could. But, you get my point!
DOWNLOAD OUR APP:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: