10 Things We Know About The Las Vegas Mass Shooting
- A gunman opened fire on 30,000 people attending a Jason Aldean concert on the Las Vegas Strip on Sunday night.
- 50 people were killed, over 400 others were injured making it the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
- The gunman opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
- The gunman has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock.
- Paddock, a white male, is from Mesquite, Nevada, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas and had been known to local law enforcement.
- Paddock has been killed by police.
- Several weapons were found inside Paddock’s room at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Police were looking for a woman traveling with Paddock and labeled her a “person of interest.”
- The woman was identified as Marilou Danley and is no longer a person of interest in the mass shooting.
- Photos of different men named Stephen Paddock have been floating around on social media causing them to be falsely accused of the tragic shooting.
NY Daily News Confirms Photo Of Stephen Paddock:
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) October 2, 2017
LVMPD Press Conference:
— ABC News (@ABC) October 2, 2017
LVMPD Press Release:
Below is video of the moment the gunshots rang out and Jason Aldean ran off of stage to take cover.
— Luke Broadlick (@LukeBroadlick) October 2, 2017
Jason Aldean released the following statement:
Tonight has been beyond horrific. I still dont know what to say but wanted to let everyone know that Me and my Crew are safe. My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight. It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night. #heartbroken #stopthehate
See his post below.
For those looking to locate loved ones:
For families looking to locate missing loved ones, please call 1-866-535-5654.
— LVMPD (@LVMPD) October 2, 2017
Sending my love and prayers to everyone touched by this senseless act of terrorism.