JAY-Z continues to make history and break new ground by becoming Hip Hop’s first billionaire!
According to Forbes, the Brooklyn-rapper-turned-Hip-Hop-mogul has “accumulated a fortune that conservatively totals $1 billion, making him one of only a handful of entertainers to become a billionaire—and the first hip-hop artist to do so.”
Here’s a breakdown of Mr. Carter’s fortune:
- $310 million
stakein Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades champagne)
- $220 million in cash and investments
- $70 million
- $100 million for Tidal streaming service,
- $100 million
stakein D’Ussé cognac,
- $75 million music catalog,
- $75 million value of Roc Nation
- $50 million in real estate
- $70 million art collection
What’s better than one billionaire? Two.
Congrats to JAY-Z.