The family of Jameek Lowery wants answers as to how he ended up dead after going to a police station to seek help.

According to a preliminary investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office, the 27-year-old father of three called 911 around 2:45 a.m. on Saturday. He said he had taken ecstasy and was paranoid.

EMS responded and took him to a local hospital, but he became erratic and left.

Jameek called 911 again an hour later from a Wendy’s and said people were trying to kill him.

He then made his way to the Paterson Police headquarters seeking help.

Once inside, Jameek Lowery went live on Facebook as he pleaded with the officers not to kill him. He admitted he was paranoid, but he was also distraught and terrified.

I see y’all trying to kill me. Why are you trying to kill me? What’d I do, officer? … I said I need help, I need help, go to the hospital, somebody trying to kill me. Somebody help me.

Somebody call my mom. The cops trying to kill me, they think I’m a witness, they think I’m f—ing with the FBI. That’s what they think.

Watch out, if I’m dead by the next hour or two, they did it.

I didn’t touch them at all.

See video below.



EMS finally arrived to transport Jameek back to the hospital and they claim that he lost consciousness along the way.

When Jameek Lowery arrived at the hospital he was unresponsive. His family and friend say he was bloodied and beaten.

His mother said he had stitches on his mouth.

The prosecutor’s office said in a statement, “Per initial reports and information, police used physical force and compliance holds to secure Mr. Lowery in the ambulance.”

Jameek was pronounced dead early Monday morning. The state medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.

Jameek Lowery’s death has sparked protests and his family wants and deserves answers!



Below is video of Jameek’s mother and family speaking out during a protest.



Connect With Us: YouTube | Instagram | Podcast | Amazon | Newsletter | University