Cardi B‘s debut album, Invasion of Privacy, debuted at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
Not only is Invasion of Privacy the second-largest debut of 2018 with 255,000 equivalent album units (103,000 traditional sales), it is the biggest streaming week ever for an album by a woman.
Billboard also noted Cardi’s additional achievements with her debut album:
- Cardi B becomes the fifth female rapper to top the Billboard 200 albums chart.
- Invasion of Privacy bows with the largest on-demand audio streaming week ever for an album by a woman.
- Invasion logs the biggest streaming week for a debut studio album.
- Second-biggest streaming week for an album in 2018.
- Seventh-largest streaming week for an album ever.
- Invasion’s start of 255,000 units is the second-biggest week overall for an album in 2018.
Congratulation to Cardi B. She took to Instagram and gushed:
Thank you sooo much everybody !!!Im super exited!! It wouldn’t happen with out yaaa❤❤❤ I love ya so much. A dream come true. Check out #invasionofprivacy!!…The devil calls me but God hugs me!!
Then, she danced: