The murder of 9-year-old Trinity Love Jones is absolutely devastating and the details surrounding her death are absolutely heartbreaking.
Below you will find things we know so far:
1. Trinity’s body was discovered in a black duffle bag on March 5 in light brush near an equestrian trail in Hacienda Heights.
2. Her body was found with her head and upper body protruding from the partly zipped bag.
3. Detectives were able to identify the little girl through tips after making a public plea for help.
4. Trinity Love Jones was never reported missing by her family.
5. Emiel Lamar Hunt, 39, has been charged in Trinity’s death. He was arrested sleeping in his car near the San Diego airport.
6. Hunt’s bail is set at $2 million and his arraignment was postponed until April 16. He is a registered sex offender and he has a previous conviction for child abuse.
7. Hunt is the boyfriend of Trinity’s mother.
8. Police believe Emiel killed Trinity on or around March 1 and dumped her body. Trinity’s cause of death is yet to be determined.
9. Trinity’s mother, Taquesta Graham, was also detained as a “person of interest” and is being held on $2 million bail. Taquesta is in custody on a previous warrant unrelated to the case.
This tragic story is developing and there are plenty of unanswered questions!
I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.
My sincerest condolences to Trinity’s father, grandmother and all who loved her.