The entertainment industry and Hip Hop fans are still in shock and mourning the untimely death of rapper and singer Juice Wrld.
Juice Wrld, real name Jarad Anthony Higgins, passed away after he reportedly suffered a seizure in Chicago Midway International Airport early Sunday morning.
Related: Juice Wrld Passes Away At 21
Below you will find a few new developments via law enforcement sources:
- Chicago police received a tip that Juice Wrld’s private jet en route to Midway from California may have been carrying “weapons and narcotics.”
- Officers and feds waited at the Atlantic Aviation hanger to conduct a search of the jet upon its arrival.
- While searching Juice Wrld and his entourage’s luggage, he suffered convulsions and went into cardiac arrest.
- A federal agent administered two doses of Narcan, an emergency treatment for a suspected opioid overdose.
- Juice regained consciousness, but was incoherent. He was rushed to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 3:14 a.m.
- During their search, officers and feds found 41 “vacuum-sealed” bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets.
- Two men working security for Juice Wrld were arrested and received misdemeanor charges of illegally possessing the guns and ammunition.
- Authorities suspect Juice may have ingested several Percocet pills to hide them.
- An autopsy was performed on Juice Wrld on Monday, but a toxicology, neuropathology, and cardiac pathology is needed to determine an official cause of death.
This story is developing. My prayers to the Higgins family and all who loved Juice Wrld.