What We Know So Far About Kenneka Jenkins’ Death
Our minds are blown and are hearts are broken over the tragic death of Kenneka Jenkins.
The 19-year-old woman went missing after attending a party with her friends on Friday night and was found dead inside of a hotel freezer on Sunday.
Following her death, social media has been flooded with footage from the party, unconfirmed reports, theories, posts, pics, and a lot of false information regarding the case.
Below you will find 10 things that we know so far about Kenneka Jenkins’ case:
1. The Rosemont Police Department is “actively investigating the case and attempting to locate and interview all parties involved.”
2. So far, police have interviewed 12 people who were “involved in some way.”
3. Authorities are reviewing all footage and social media activity.
4. Police will show Kenneka’s mother the hotel surveillance video on Thursday (September 14), but will not release it to the public until the investigation is complete.
5. An autopsy performed on Sunday came back inconclusive. It will take weeks before toxicology results are available.
6. The Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Conference Center released the following statement:
“We are saddened by this news, and our thoughts are with the young woman and her family during this difficult time. The hotel staff will continue to cooperate fully with local authorities.”
7. On Wednesday, Kenneka’s sister, spoke with the press about the frustrating inconsistencies in the investigation of her sister’s death.
8. Chicagoans staged a peaceful protest outside of the hotel where Kenneka’s body was found demanding answers.
9. Multiple unauthorized GoFundMe pages have been launched.
10. Kenneka’s mother, Teresa Martin, is grateful for the outpouring of love and support. She asks that everyone keep their fight to get justice for her daughter peaceful.
We can’t let the death of Kenneka Jenkins get slip through the cracks or get swept under the rug.
My continued prayers for her family and for justice!