‘The Emoji Movie’ Trailer & World Emoji Day Events
On World Emoji Day itself, the fun starts early with special Emoji Movie-inspired events:
- The film’s voice cast – Maya Rudolph, Patrick Stewart, and Jake T. Austin – take over ABC’s “Good Morning America” to celebrate the day.
- Later, Jeremy Burge, the creator of World Emoji Day, will appear on the BUILD Series NYC.
- On Univision, influencer Sascha Barboza will create a party video with her daughter, and Univision talent will share on-air vignettes on their social pages.
- Later in the day, Austin and Leondis will be joined by Burge to ring the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange, the cast will light the Empire State Building yellow in participation with Oath for Good and Girls Who Code.
- The festivities kick off today in New York and Beverly Hills as Saks Fifth Avenue unveils its “Saks Fifth Avenue x The Emoji Movie” collection in the windows of its flagship stores. The product collection, comprised of emoji-inspired fashion and accessories, is led by renowned designer Jason Wu, along with fellow designer brands Mackage, Havaianas, Gents, Del Toro, and Orlebar Brown. The windows feature ready-to-wear, outerwear, and accessories from the collection combined with unique interactive technology created by Mitene & Sony Music Communications that enables consumers to interact with Emoji characters from the film.
Moviegoers can join the fun on their phones, online, by interacting with some of their favorite apps:
- Snapchat will launch The Emoji Movie Snapchat Lens, which will let Snapchatters pose as three of the most popular emojis – Cat with Heart Eyes, Poop, and Gene, the star of the movie, an emoji that can express several emotions. The Lens is set to the tune of Charles Wright’s song “Express Yourself.”
- The Emoji Movie sticker app, developed by Moji, is launching on World Emoji Day in advance of the full release of the app. The full app will provide a groundbreaking way for users to create their own customized emojis.
- Several of audiences’ favorite apps, featured in the movie, will join the celebration on social media. Candy Crush Saga will give fans an exclusive first-look at the in-game challenges inspired byThe Emoji Movie that will launch to coincide with the movie’s general release. Candy Crush Saga, which features in a standalone scene in the Emoji Movie, will be sharing the exclusive content for a 24-hour period, including a sneak peek from the scene in which our heroes are trapped inside the Candy Crush game board and must play through the levels in order to survive. The content will be available to view on Candy Crush Saga’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels throughout the day.
- In addition, Just Dance and Just Dance Now will also launch a custom Emoji Movie Dance Map on World Emoji Day.
Be sure to join in on the fun and go see The Emoji Movie on July 28! ????