5 Things We Know About The Mass Shooting At Borderline Bar In Thousand Oaks
Get the scoop on 5 things we know so far about the mass shooting at Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California.
Terrible news coming out of California…
12 people were killed and dozens were injured in a mass shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Police received the first call of shots fired on Wednesday at 11:20 p.m. PT (2:20 a.m. ET, Thursday).
- The gunman shot the security guard on post outside of the venue and made his way inside.
- An eyewitness said the gunman also shot a cashier, then deployed a smoke bomb before opening fire on the patrons inside.
- 12 people were killed including Ventura County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29-year veteran.
- The gunman, who has not been identified, was also dead at the scene. It’s unclear if police killed him or if it was suicide.
This tragic story is developing. I will update this post as more information becomes available.